Wireless systems allow you to use internet freely anywhere in you home. This tutorial will tell you how to configure a wireless network in windows vista.
- Go to start, then control panel. Select network and internet. Click on network and sharing. Here you will click on the connect to a network link
- View ‘available wireless networks’ after you open connect to a network. In the show area select ‘all’ and all the nearby wireless network will be shown to you.
- To create your own network, go to ‘set up a connection or network’, select ‘manually connect to a wireless network’ and click next.
- On the screen that appears, enter your important settings information. Under ‘network name’ enter the brand name for your wireless internet connection.
- Secure your network by selecting WAP2-personal in the security type area. In ‘encryption type’ , select TKIP. In the security key location enter a secure password, make sure its hard to guess so people cant get access to your network.
- Check the box that says ‘start this connection automatically’, this will allow you to avoid having to enter the information every time. Click next. Now your network should have appeared in the list of wireless networks available.
- You can go to the connect to a network link to use your wireless internet connection. Test a few web sites to see if your connection is up and running.