Hello everybody,

I am currently having a problem with my Packard Bell computer that has XP Home Edition (SP2). I was starting live messenger when it could not connect and gave a windows error screen. Then I decided to restart the computer, but now I can't start it due to the fact it only shows the blue screen of death when I boot it.

I tried booting the computer in safety mode and error-search mode, but the blue screen of death kept appearing when you see the black screen with the windows logo and loading bar.

The following error is shown on the blue screen of death:

*** STOP: 0x0000007E (0xC0000005, 0xF71A0A44, 0xF78D5BF0, 0xF78D58EC)
*** vxure.sys - Address F71A0A44 base at F7129000, Date Stamp 4bbdb64e

Does anyone know how to solve this? I have not installed any extra programs before I booted, nor did I add new hardware.

I looked at the windows help center, but nothing there matched my problem, if I am mistaken please correct me: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/330182/nl

~G

When I disabled the option quick-boot in my BIOS, I got another different error code:

0x000000C5 (0x7F1CB3EC, 0x00000002, 0x0000001, 0x805515A1)

Any suggestions? I can't boot my computer in any mode, including safe mode, error-search mode etc.

~G

Υοur laptop has a FN key , on keyboard's bottom left corner
usually, press it while boot to start a diagnostic test, if thiw
is an option.

Some laptops has the above option.

Also if you ENTER BIOS , and disabled the PLUG N' PLAY OS,
and let BIOS adress all the divices , maybe solve the problem.

When you get such messages, can be software
or and hardware related, and we can't have a clear answer.

As a last resort, I used my recovery CD's to reinstall windows XP. I was hoping for a better solution, but nothing in the help centre of microsoft was the solution. All my files are deleted but the problem is fixed, no more blue screens for me (I hope so....)!

It's a bit strange that I could not even boot the system in safe mode, the entire point of safe mode is to be able to use the computer when software and/or hardware are malfunctioning? Good job, Bill Gates!

~G

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.