Hi everyone,

Is there anyway in Window XP to open a lot of file explorer tabs in a single window just like we could do in Ubuntu ? For instance, C: D: and C:\Program Files are opening in the same window without requiring to open 3 new windows? I need to open several windows and usually taskbar gets messy easily and it's hard to keep track of a specific file. Will be looking for any inputs and suggestions.

P.S it's the same idea and opening different web pages in a single instance of Firefox rather than opening an instance of firefox for each website. Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

no way that i know of ,do you have toolbar set to stack pages .
but windows did advance with vista and with win7

Thanks. Too bad that I dun have vista or 7. Btw, would u mind telling me what is the meaning of "toolbar set to stack pages" ? I wouldn't mind trying that out if it would let me to open several tabs in the same window. Thanks for helping me out.

Thanks. Too bad that I dun have vista or 7. Btw, would u mind telling me what is the meaning of "toolbar set to stack pages" ? I wouldn't mind trying that out if it would let me to open several tabs in the same window. Thanks for helping me out.

it doesn't open tabs ,will group similar pages , check this .for hot to set it up .
http://www.coolnerds.com/XP/Taskbar/xpTaskbar.htm

Thanks. I never thought of doing something like that. Well, it's somehow handy rather than looking for a specific window and file in a group of windows. Thanks for helping me out.

your welcome ,sorry i couldn't add more

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.