I had to reinstall windows XP on my HP Pavillion zd7030us laptop because I got the blue screen of death. I was able to install service pack 3 from my jump drive.

However, I am unable to install IE or get a local area connection so I am unable to get onto the internet.

I have the Realteck RTL8139 Family PCI Fast Ethernet MC listed in the management console, there are many yellow question marks next to other however.

I am unable to launch the driver recovery cd - it wants to know what program to launch it from? I thought maybe the network driver is outdated so went to HP site and downloaded the most recent version of the Realtek but I am unable to install it from my jump drive onto laptop because it says it can't find the RDP server. So set the RDP services to automatic and still can't get it to install.

I know you have to have a network card installed to get a local area connection but I don't know what else to do. It appears I have one installed but still can't get IE installed or a local area connection. I did try installing the local area connection but after the wizard is finished, nothing appears in the network placed window.

HELP. I only have my daughters laptop until Saturday May 8ith and I will be cut off from the world

Pamela

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

I have the Realteck RTL8139 Family PCI Fast Ethernet MC listed in the management console, there are many yellow question marks next to other however. .
please explain this a little better.

is this the driver you tried to install .
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=hb-14010-1&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&os=228&product=353542

No, the one I tried to install is sp28911.

It shows 2 network cards installed - 1394 Net Adapter, and the Realtek RTL8139.... Other devices: multimedia audio connections, network controller, PCI FlASH Memory, PCI Modem, Video Controller (VGA Compatible)

No, the one I tried to install is sp28911.

It shows 2 network cards installed - 1394 Net Adapter, and the Realtek RTL8139.... Other devices: multimedia audio connections, network controller, PCI FlASH Memory, PCI Modem, Video Controller (VGA Compatible)

if you have rtl8139 why did you install the sp28911 driver .try the one i linked .and the 1394 net adapter is a firewire connection

go to the computer manufactures website...support section...drivers and downloads...get ALL your drivers...start with your chipset driver

go to the computer manufactures website...support section...drivers and downloads...get ALL your drivers...start with your chipset driver

I am new at this so I didn't know which one to choose...there were several and I couldn't tell one from the other....DUH!

I will try the driver you suggested and I will let you know either way.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP!

Pamela

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.