Is there anyone out there that can either help or has encountered this problem ? The latest upgrade from Apple has prevented my iPod from talking to my laptop, I have tried to uninstall iTunes but have been prevented from doing so even though I have administrators privileges from the control panel.

I do not fully understand the error message as the iTunes msi can clearly be seen in the target folder.

"The file C: Documents & Settings\ local settings\ Application Data\ Apple Software update\ iTunes.msi can not be found verify that you have access to this location and try again or try to find the installtion package iTunes.msi in a folder from which you can install the product iTunes."

I get a similar message when trying to install iTunes, I seem to be stuck in a loop. I can not get rid of iTunes nor can I install a new version. Can anyone help ?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Your windows installer database has somehow become corrupted. use this to convince the system that itunes is no longer installed
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

then you can reinstall

red the whole page. this isnt guaranteed to work and could leave you with a broken system etc...

Spot-on! Worked like a charm, thank you

No problem. Marked as solved.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.