Hi
I am having one HP desktop (config.- core2duo, 2 GB RAM, 16GB HDD) . windows server 2003 was running on this PC for last 3 years. One day suddenly hard disk crashed & i bought new hard disk of 160 GB. Now I started fresh installation, created partition c drive of 50 Gb; formatted using NTFS . It started copying system files after finishing it restated for further installation but at the next restart i am getting following error :
"Windows could not start because computer disk hardware configuration could not read from the selected boot disk. Check boot path & Disk hardware. Please check the windows documentation about harware disk configuration and your hardware reference manual for additional information ".
I checked with HP if there is any hardware related issue but they said hardware is fine . i tried by installing windows XP on it , It installed perfectly. I have 2 separate copies of win server CD but both the time facing same problem. Please help me out to solve the problem.

Thank you very much

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

Hello,

Strange, did you create the partition then install the OS or did you let the installation disk create the partition?
Perhaps try using all the disk and resize after if possible.

- Let us know how it goes.

Thank you for replying. I tried the method which you have mentioned above. but it is giving same problem. Actually i am getting this error message only for that particular PC(HP DX 2700) means i connected same hard disk to other model ,i got installed ..then i took on more DX 2007 and tried installing but same problem, even lower version of server 2003 is not getting installed. if i would have said its machine problem then we had used server edition on that PC for past 3 years. please suggest something

I haven't used server much myself, do you know if you can install it whilst an operating system is running like XP? Perhaps if you try running the CD/DVD whilst XP is running.

You have check the correct device is selected for boot?
Have you tried installing when the disk has no partitions or FAT32?

Maybe have a look at this.

- Let us know how it goes

Hi

DX2700 has SATA drives and Windows 2003 Server doesn't have the drivers built in. You need to get a driver for the controller in your system (probably Intel chipset) and load that using F6 while running through setup. HP will probably supply only XP drivers so you may need to hunt around a bit for suitable drivers.

roland

Hi

DX2700 has SATA drives and Windows 2003 Server doesn't have the drivers built in. You need to get a driver for the controller in your system (probably Intel chipset) and load that using F6 while running through setup. HP will probably supply only XP drivers so you may need to hunt around a bit for suitable drivers.

roland

Thank You very much. I think this will solve the problem.

hi

I M not Able To Install server 2003 When all file transfer into ram to hdd
He says there is no hdd in your system
what to do

i have ibm server with sas technologies

The answer is still the same. Windows 2003 probably does not have a built-in driver for that SAS controller. Go to the IBM website and download a driver for that controller (probably a SAS Raid controller).
Put that onto a floppy and have the floppy attached (probably need a USB floppy device, either a drive or stick that has a floppy function) BEFORE you start Windows Setup.
When it prompts you to add extra drivers during setup you press F6.
A short while later it should read the floppy and tell you which drivers are available - select the driver for your controller.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.