There are several way to block autorun feature that I could pull from the top of my head:
- AV software - usually can be set to allow autorun CDs
- Group policy settings - bit hard to find.. can't remember which one exactly
- system (explorer) settings - that's one that you actually applied with that reg file
let me tell you how this all started. I sent my tower to the shop due to a virus and when it came back to me, i wasn't able to auto load anymore, and i also lost my some of my office; which i'm not able to load anyway because i no long have the cds.
- in "run" (start menu) type "GPEDIT.MSC"
- locate Local Computer Policy\Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\System
- locate "Turns off the Autoplay" and set it either to "disabled" or "not configured" (which is default)
- locate Local Computer Policy\User Configuration\Administrative Templates\System and repeat the above step