Hello.
I have Sound problems with Win XP-SP2.
One of the symptoms is that at the device manager I see TWO "PnP Software Device Enumarator". At properties window none of them allouds me to disable or unistall it. Is there any way to disable or unistall one or both of them (and reinstalling only one)?
I am an experienced computer user ,I have spend many hours searching at the Internet but with no avail.
Thanks
Manolis

PC.
All that are valid only for the first partition. At the other partition (WIN XP SP2 too) the SOUND IS PERFECT. So it is not hardware problem.
Thanks in advance .
Manolis

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Hi Malog,

Hope this helps you: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307918

Thanks buddy i got the solution from that about my sound problem and also find some valuable information from this microsoft website...

And if you navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurentControlSet\Enum\Root\System how many of the 4-digit subkeys [eg 0000] have Plug and Play Software Device Enumerator as the data for DeviceDesc?
Export the System key, then delete them [both, or just one that looks wrong.. :) Mine is 0000]?
Check Device Mgr again.
Reinstall the PnP SDE with the machine.inf trick. [via Add Hardware, with Machine.Inf, swenum.sys and streamci.dll in a temp directory]

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.