I just don't know what happened? My Pc was running fine, then all of a sudden my soundcard started playing up, it wouldn't play anything but distorted sounds. I turned my Pc Off, and all that happens now is the windows XP screen starts to load and I see the cursor for a split second and it restarts the system, again & again etc.
I have removed the sound card, but I'm still getting the same!

Any help would be much appreciated

thankyou

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

I've since tried my HDD in two other set ups, and after connecting it too IDE2 on my work PC, I finally got a message, however I don't think it's off much help??

A PROBLEM HAS BEEN DETECTED AND WINDOWS HAS BEEN SUT DOWN TO PREVENT DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER
IF THIS IS THE FIRST TIME YOU'VE SEEN THIS ERROR SCREEN RESTART YOUR COMPUTER. IF THIS SCREEN APPEARS AGAIN FOLLOW THESE STEPS:
CHECK FOR VIRUSES ON YOUR COMPUTER. REMOVE ANY NEWLY INSTALLED HARD DRIVES OR HARD DRIVE CONTROLLERS. CHECK YOUR HARD DRIVE TO MAKES SURE IT IS PROPERLY CONFIGURED AND TERMINATED.
RUN CHKDISK /F TO CHECK FOR HARDDRIVE CORRUPTION, AND THEN RESTART YOUR COMPUTER.

***STOP: 0x0000007B (0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0X00000000)

I've tried to follow these instructions but have still had no joy, any one with any ideas?? Your help would be much appreciated!!

If you have the Windows XP cd that came with the computer, or one that you bought on your own, then you can boot off of that and run the System Recovery tool and it can reinstall the Windows installation over your existing one, without too much damaga to the system. You won't have to format, but I can't guarantee data loss, blah blah, you know the drill. :)

That's what I actually ended up doing mate, and I did end up losing the documents that I really wanted to keep. MY EMAILS!!!!! Shortly before my computer went down I recieved two emails regarding job opportunities, I didn't note them down and now I've got knw idea where they were from!! Oh well, these things happen!

Cheers for your reply i686-linux

Sorry dude but windows did not destroy your files. You see, windows isn't smart enough to "fix" itself, let alone find other stuff to destroy. You probaly need to look on your "C:" drive then find any copies of "documents and settings." Maybe your emails will be there, also, you may have copies online if you use Hotmail or yahoo. If saved to a file and not destroyed online, you can find them there.

Hi ezlovr and welcome to Daniweb,
You have posted an answer to a thread that was last active on Mar 26th, 2004. I honestly think it may be a little late.

how can i access the system recovery tool? i'm formatting my pc right now and i get a blue screen after windows is starting.

i been getting stop:0x000000007B (0xFA327640,0x0000000034,) i
can;t run chkdisk/F cause it keep resatrting how can get pass
that what will i have to do.

that what will i have to do.to get it to startup]

that what will i have to do.to get it to startup]

hi,not likely you will get much help hijacking a 6 yr old post .start you own thread and post a few more detail and you will be surprised the help you will get ,most people don't even look at old post .
good luck

I'm stuck in a similar situation. I was trying to transfer files & settings from my wifes old computer to her win 7 laptop. I think she pu the cord in too early or something because now all it does it gives me the screen with windows shut off unexpectedly and gives options but none work. I get bsod then resets to get same screen. I got a xp disk i think that was used for original loading but I don't see anything for the recovery console. Can anyone help me on what to do now?

Thank You

well how do you make the CD boot off of your computer? i put the CD in the system and it just kept reatarting and nothing showed up its a computer no a laptop its really old and i tried putting the windows disk in it is dinosaur.It wont boot off of The CD (windows XP) is there any way you can tell me what to do email me at bbooth50@yahoo.com I need answers

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.