I am running Vista

I had an internet explorer icon on the quick launch bar; it disappeared. What happened?

I booted my machine. The internet explorer icon was on the quick launch bar. I opened two browser sessions. I was reading information from these browser sessions. The computer went to sleep. Right away, I pressed on the power button to awake the computer. I looked at the quick launch bar, and the internet explorer icon was missing.

What happened? Why did the internet explorer icon disappear? I wasn't doing anything that I haven't done a thousand times.

7 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by TechSupportGeek

You can make the icon appear in the quick launch bar again just by dragging it from your desktop to the quick launch bar. Hope I helped :)

How did it disappear in the first place?

Well, in your occasion, I'm not really sure but there are 2-3 ways it can disappear:

1. Remove it by accident (that's certainly not the case)
2. Some applications with compatibillity issues may re-arrange/remove desktop and/or start menu/quick launch bar shortcuts.
3. There was something wrong with this particular browser session so your computer went to sleep and some settings regarding Internet Explorer changed.

Well, I may be wrong but I have had experienced a similar situation before.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.