ok, i do not understand all the different programs : AVG, TREND MICRO, NORTON GHOST, do i need all of these. my d drive shows 3 files:
c_drive001 4,970,368 kb, & c_drive001-i004 730,496 kb & d718zwbi recovery 2 kb,
could this be part of my problem, my computer is less than 6 months old and has slowed down, help, i am over whelmed with all these diff scanners & protection & back up

Contributors
Replies
Views
10 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by joshSCH

You really only need one virus protection software. I prefer avast, but avg works too. Also, it may be wise to download a spyware detection software such as spyware doctor or ad-aware.

What exactly is your problem?

You really only need one virus protection software. I prefer avast, but avg works too. Also, it may be wise to download a spyware detection software such as spyware doctor or ad-aware.

What exactly is your problem?

thanks for responding, i am confused
my concern is i have atleast 3 different programs running, do they do the same thing, Norton, Trend, AVG?
and all the Norton files are backed up in my d drive, do i save all? are they slowing me down

yea they all do the same thing.. As for norton, I personally think it sucks. It doesn't do as well as avast, and people always have problems with it..

yea they all do the same thing.. As for norton, I personally think it sucks. It doesn't do as well as avast, and people always have problems with it..

should i uninstall norton

It would free up some disk space and perhaps make your system run faster. It won't do any harm... make sure you download avg or avast though.

It would free up some disk space and perhaps make your system run faster. It won't do any harm... make sure you download avg or avast though.

i have avg, thanks for your suggestions

When two virus checkers are running, they waste a lot of time checking each other's activites.

thanks, that makes a lot of sense, so if i should choose 1 program of the 3 i have, considering money as a big factor, what would be my best protection?

by the way i ran REGCURE & XoftSpySE, after running both programs got fatal error messages, panostandalone - 1719 & hpqtra08.exc: could not get them to go away, and had to do a restore from 2 days prior. which wasted 2 days of debugging. now i can not get any help from the parent co. paretologic.
not sure what happened? anyone have any suggestions?

thanks, that makes a lot of sense, so if i should choose 1 program of the 3 i have, considering money as a big factor, what would be my best protection?

by the way i ran REGCURE & XoftSpySE, after running both programs got fatal error messages, panostandalone - 1719 & hpqtra08.exc: could not get them to go away, and had to do a restore from 2 days prior. which wasted 2 days of debugging. now i can not get any help from the parent co. paretologic.
not sure what happened? anyone have any suggestions?

I suggest using avast, its free- and one of the best out there. AVG works too..

Hmm.. I suggest you download regcleaner(Regcure is probably fine) and ad-aware SE personal (they are both free). Then boot into safe mode and run an avast thorough virus scan. Then run regcleaner and the ad-aware program.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.