I use Windows 7 at work on a Dell. My new Gateway laptop arrived yesterday and I have stayed up all night trying to find the Dock Bar. I viewed a thread about it that is 3 months old. Does this mean that since I don't have a Dell I can't have the Dock Bar? If so, I'll probably send this computer back.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

giving that its a gateway i'de send it back ,there junk anyways

if it a dell dock then no the gateway is not going to have it .

you could try rocket dock as the dell dock will not work on the gateway .
http://rocketdock.com/download

Dock is a free to use application which is designed to be a small tool that sits above the Windows Start menu and can be used to "Dock" shortcuts and files by simply dragging the file on to it.

Dock is a free to use application which is designed to be a small tool that sits above the Windows Start menu and can be used to "Dock" shortcuts and files by simply dragging the file on to it.

thanks for that, and to think i thought it was where you tie up a boat.lol

good luck I pin programs,files & shortcuts to Win7 task bar 1 click open. Later---

good luck I pin programs,files & shortcuts to Win7 task bar 1 click open. Later---

oh,so do i,I just like installing program like the one in the link and seeing if they work and then uninstall them i like my win7 tool bar ,actually don't like docks at all

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.