My grandson recently ask me to look at his notbook, When i tried to boot it up i got this message.
The image apphelp.dll is possibly corrupt. I cant do a repair with original cd as the notbook has no cd drive or floppy drive. Is there any other way i can do a repair to fix the problem

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

My grandson recently ask me to look at his notbook, When i tried to boot it up i got this message.
The image apphelp.dll is possibly corrupt. I cant do a repair with original cd as the notbook has no cd drive or floppy drive. Is there any other way i can do a repair to fix the problem

If it is an HP notebook--try holding down on the f11 key as you boot up. It will ask you if you want to do a destructive reinstall and it will put the computer back to where it was in the factory rebuild.

You need to run chkdsk on that hdd, either from another OS or from the Recovery Console. It may be that you will also need to copy in that file from a cd or other OS.
A notebook. No cd/dvd drive? Then you need RC on a flash drive. Easiest is: mkrecovery. Google for it. Once the flash drive RC is created copy into the USB key folder $WIN_NT$.~BT the two files autochk.exe and autofmt.exe from the i386 source folder.
For some reason these two are excluded....
Once you get that up and running you start the RC on that notebook OS, and run...
chkdsk /p

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.