when i try to download flashplayer error message "adobe does not support flashplayer on 64 bit browser" said you can run 64 bit brower on 32 bit browser but do not know how to do that. can anyone help me. limits many videos that i need to look at.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

You can download from Microsoft a 32 bit version of Internet Explorer and you run that instead of IE 64 bit.

You should check too see if you already have the 32-bit version. On my PC my 64-bit version says Internet Explorer(64-bit) whereas my 32-bit version just says Internet Explorer. Install flash for that browser.

- Hope this helps.

You shouldn't be using IE even in the first place!!
Firefox, Firefox, Firefox!!
Download Firefox and not only will 3rd party application compatibility be stronger but you will also be surfing much more securely!

Jon-Eric Pienkowski

You shouldn't be using IE even in the first place!!
Firefox, Firefox, Firefox!!
Download Firefox and not only will 3rd party application compatibility be stronger but you will also be surfing much more securely!

Jon-Eric Pienkowski

Don't be stupid! These are your prejudices. Each browser has its set of problems and FF is no exception (Google Firefox problems).

And your security point is absolutely ridiculous. FF is as vulnerable as anything to attack and you are as safe as your front end defences allow.

However, FF is a good isolation test (which I use from time to time), and vice-versa for IE.

The 32-bit version of IE is already installed. Try going to C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\ and running iexplore from there (or try clicking the link that doesn't say 64-bit on the end in your Start Menu

Adobe say they are working on a 64bit version of flash as well but it seems they're rather behind on this 64 bit technology stuff

The 32-bit version of IE is already installed. Try going to C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\ and running iexplore from there (or try clicking the link that doesn't say 64-bit on the end in your Start Menu

Adobe say they are working on a 64bit version of flash as well but it seems they're rather behind on this 64 bit technology stuff

They are not very 64bit friendly; I have had numerous customers with Vista 64 with incompatibility/RAM issues frequently.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.