When my HP Pavillion operating on Windows 7 goes to hybernation, it announces my account is blocked. I have found that I have to ask for a new account and then I can type in the password. Or rather I could. Turns out that when I later tried to type in the password, after the frist 4 characters, the cursor would move back to the beginning, making it impossible to complete. The way around this turned out to be to close and reopen, but for fear of further mishaps I have directly eliminated the password. Any ideas?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Are sure it hibernation and not standby while they are similar i have seen issue like this when coming out of standby.

You should create a new user account and see if the problem persists its probably the easiest way to fix the problem if you need to move your data acros try www.dmailer-backup-software.com

Are sure it hibernation and not standby while they are similar i have seen issue like this when coming out of standby.

You should create a new user account and see if the problem persists its probably the easiest way to fix the problem if you need to move your data acros try www.dmailer-backup-software.com

I did create a new user account and the problem did not persist but that still leaves me with uncertainty as to future inaccessibility if the password system is not secure.

I also tried out dmailer, downloaded it and opened an account. What a bummer! No real explanation how it works. It started copying and storing online any files on my computer that it saw fit until the allowed size was exhausted. Could not find a way to remove those files. Fortunately they were only music and may float as debris in cyberspace forever. I proceeded to disinstall dmailer, a complex procedure in itself since it insists in ending the program first which is almost impossible - achieved it by using task manager.

I will recommend you to get password recovery services because only they are the last solution to get back lost password.

I will recommend you to get password recovery services because only they are the last solution to get back lost password.

No password lost. Problem was Windows 7 would refuse to input registered password (by moving the cursor to the start after first 4 characters). I believe that needs to be addressed directly, not by mitigation of a problem that should not be there in the first place.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.