I (a next to computer-illterate Norwegian) operate MSOffice2003 on Windows XP; in Word2003 I, too, experience the obviously well known problem: in trying to save a document to any other file than the one proposed by the system, the system hangs and suddenly shows 100% system resources occupied. I (no longer) have any HP files on my computer, or at least they don't show up in "Add/delete files", nor can I find the KB908531 security update that I saw someone refer to elsewhere. I have run ccleaner, RegistryBooster and what not, but the problem persists. Should I throw out and re-install the entire Office package, or does anyone have a aolution to come up with?

Contributors
Replies
Views
7 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Luise7x7

Hey SMbjarne ,

I'll be happy if my info helps you , i already faced this problem before was trying to save my official document but failed.Jason One of my friend suggested me advanced system optimizer.Its a windows optimization tool.I used its utilities it really worked amazing for my windows.Use its PC-Fixer.It will fixes almost all the problems come frequently on PC's.
I have attached a screenshot for your help.
You can download ASO from http://www.tucows.com/preview/284138/Advanced-System-
Optimizer?q=advanced+system+optimizer

Use it , it really works well for sure.

Lemme know how it goes!!

Attachments PC_Fixer.png 75.38 KB

Hi: If you are using Microsoft Word as the default editor in Microsoft Outlook, turn it off. To do this, select menu Tools > Options > Mail Format tab, and uncheck the two boxes that refer to Microsoft word at the top of the window. Reboot, and see if this helps.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.