Well as of yesterday every time i get a rundll error upon startup of my Dell Alienware M15x. I did recently just download quite a few things trying to get some free antivirus software (ironic), which i did finally get it. Anyway, the error is something about not being able to run winajk32.rom and not being able to find the module. Ever since i got this error i also have noticed that my computer runs very slowly around startup and noticeably afterwards too. Please HELP!!!! Any ideas on how to fix this??!!

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Are you familiar about System Restore?

If yes, try to restore your laptop/desktop to the nearest good restoration point in your system wherein you're not encountering that thing "rundll error".

That is the easiest way to solve your problem.

I have been getiing a similar message on start-up. It is as follows:

error loading \3\LXDCtime.dll

It does not seem to be causing any adverse effects so far.

How do i do a system restore to a good point?

ken

I have been getiing a similar message on start-up. It is as follows:

error loading \3\LXDCtime.dll

It does not seem to be causing any adverse effects so far.

How do i do a system restore to a good point?

ken

I think you should post a new thread. BTW, You can find System Restore at:

In the case of a problem on your computer that cannot be solved by normal means, you can restore your computer back to a previous working state. To do this you need to start System Restore so that you can choose the restore point to restore. If you are currently having problems starting Windows Vista, you can use System Restore from the Windows Recovery Environment. Instructions on how to do this can be found in this tutorial: Using System Restore from the Vista Windows Recovery Environment.

If you can log into Windows Vista, then you should follow these steps.

Close and save any documents that you may have open.

Click on the Start button to open your Start Menu.

When the Start Menu opens click on the All Programs menu option.

Click once on the Accessories Start Menu group.

Click once on the System Tools Start Menu group.

Click once on the System Restore icon. After you click on the icon, if a User Account Control window opens you should click on the Continue button.

See this link for further info...http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial143.html

sfc /scannow in elevated cmd

repair disc

easiest way is to replace the dll/exe with a working one which you can easily find on google.

If Your system file Are corrupted or the Particular application does not get Execution Path of Application function Call. That Time we face Run dll Error.
we can re install or repair this Application in Control Panel.

Plzz help....
I am getting error in rundll - there was a problem starting msiyec32.dll
how can i fix it? Also, i cant find such dll files on internet....
plzz help

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.