Hi,

I highly appreciate if anyone can help me in this please.

Firs of all my laptop specs is DELL, processor is Intel Core 2 Due T9400 2.53GHz and RAM is 3.5 GB. OS is windows XP SP3.

I happens alot that suddenly my laptop is very slow and it takes minutes to move the cursor from part of the screen to another part!!

I checked the Task manager > processes tab and sometimes I find that the System.exe takes 70% , some other time explorer.exe takes 50% , some other time I find mcshield.exe takes 80%.

I have googled about that and I followed many threads about deleting some values in regeistry to enhance the expolrer.exe process but with no help!!

I downloaded the process monitor but of course i can not access once the system is very slow, i have to forec-shutdown then restart it.

Finally, I downloaded CCleaner and i removed the unused filed and cleaned my Registry too.

I appreciate you help in this please

Thanks,

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Hi. Just so I can have a quick idea that there is no malware running there could you please do this:
==Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
from: http://www.majorgeeks.com/Malwarebytes_Anti-Malware_d5756.html
or: http://www.besttechie.net/tools/mbam-setup.exe
=Dclick that file, mbam-setup.exe, to install the application,
-ensure that it is set to update and start, else start it via the icon, and UPDATE it.
Select "Perform QUICK Scan", then click Scan; the application will guide you through the remaining steps.
ENSURE that EVERYTHING found has a CHECKMARK against it, then click Remove Selected.
If malware has been found [and removed] MBAM will automatically produce a log for you when it completes... do not click the Save Logfile button.
Examine the log: if some files are listed as Delete on Reboot then restart your machine before continuing.
Copy and post that log [it is also saved under Logs tab in MBAM].
And then so we can see what is running:
==download hijackthis: http://www.majorgeeks.com/download5554.html
-copy it to a new FOLDER placed either alongside your program files or on your desktop and then...
-in that folder start HijackThis by dclicking the .exe
-CLOSE ALL OTHER APPLICATIONS and any open windows including the explorer window containing HijackThis.
-click the Scan and Save a Logfile button. Post the log here.
There. Two logs to post. Also rclick on your drive C: [or where you OS is], and from Properties say how much of that drive is free, in GB.

Considering the speed of your sys, you may find it easier if you first run MBAM in Safe Mode with Networking. If it does find malware restart in Normal mode and rerun it. Post all logs.

Definitely a virus, spyware or malware lurking somewhere in your laptop. Have a anti virus, spyware and malware to check thoroughly. If possible format the hard disk and reinstall Window and check again. But that will be the last option. Let us know what you find out.

Please.. formatting and reinstalling is so very much the absolute last resort...

try disabling mcshield.exe it could be taking much of your memory on access scan as i have experienced in many machines that have Mcafee.. go to run type msconfig.exe then uncheck the mcafee files in startup tab and also in the services tab..

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.