Sir I want to completely format my total hard-disk drive not only C-drive to install my OS. But while I do install my Windows OS, it only gives option to format the drive, where you need to install the OS. Basically I want to Make a complete format of the hard disk drive and re-partition them, and then wish to choose a partition to install my OS. If somebody would have some suggestion on this then it will be a matter of great Joy.

Thanks
(Dipak)

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

There should be an option to delete any existing partitions. Look under the partition list it should say which key you hit. It's either D or C(Win XP). In vista and 7 its a button you click. So delete all of them. Then i would recommend creating a new one for the OS and programs, and another partition for your data: docs, music, videos, etc.

There should be an option to delete any existing partitions. Look under the partition list it should say which key you hit. It's either D or C(Win XP). In vista and 7 its a button you click. So delete all of them. Then i would recommend creating a new one for the OS and programs, and another partition for your data: docs, music, videos, etc.

Thanks dude I think it will solve my problem. I will make use of this during my next formatting.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.