Reformated comp, everything is working so far but i cannot find a means to register my operating system. There is no "register xp" on my start menu, nor is there one in "accesories -> system tools" and when the computer starts and says "click here to register" i click and nothing happens. I have the registation code so this is bugging me. Any help would be peachy.
P.S. Ty to caperjack for last piece of advice

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Reformated comp, everything is working so far but i cannot find a means to register my operating system. There is no "register xp" on my start menu, nor is there one in "accesories -> system tools" and when the computer starts and says "click here to register" i click and nothing happens. I have the registation code so this is bugging me. Any help would be peachy.
P.S. Ty to caperjack for last piece of advice

I have the registation code

I assume you mean activate windows ,is it possible you loaded a bootleged copy of winxp that doesn't need activation

Have you definitely got it connected to the internet? As long as you are on the internet you should be able to activate it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.