jlego 15 Posting Pro

Hi,

We recently upgraded our DC (AD DNS and WSUS run on the server) to 2008 server from 2003 server.

most of the machines in the company are 7 pro (around 50 pcs total) with 3-4 xp pro machines. The xp machines do not have the following issue. just the windows 7 machines

the windows 7 machines frequently displayed 'windows has encountered a critical error and will restart in 1 minute please save work etc. etc." with no real in depth information than it just restarts. Often I get reports of the computers restarting but I think the users might not notice the error message (not sure how they wouldnt, but they confuse me more than i confuse them i think).

I thought this could be a WSUS issue, after updates being installed machine wants to restart. I disable automatic restarting after update with a GPO. however all updates are pushed on tuesday - and the error happens everyday of the week.

Now I am wondering if this could be a time sync issue? I have noticed that sometimes trying to add a computer to the domain when the time is off sync with the DC by say 3 minutes, it tells me the remote machine is not accepting anymore connections. Could it be possible if a machine in the companys times is off by a few minutes with the DC it is finding this error during a refresh state and restarting itself?.. If so, not sure how to correct this.

I found a similar issue on another forum - but the problem was happening to the DC itself - the solution was reinstalling AD. however, this isnt happening to my DC, just connected machines in the domain.

any feedback is appreciated, thanks.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.