Dear daniweb users.

I am having a problem and im struggling for some days now. I have a server at home and i wanted to install an IIS7 FTP server. It went all fine untill i wanted to add user isolation to make it more secure.

i followed this guide: link

And my problem is exactly the same as this thread.

I granted all rights to all the directories needed. Im logging in with a username that has an adminnistrator role tho it says its inaccessible.

Its also pretty strange because without user isolation it all works fine. I can connect and puts me in de ftp root directory. It just seems that something with rights doesnt go correct when using virtual directories.

my directory architure is C:\FTProot\domain\

I also tried it with C:\FTProot\LocalUser\%User% but that as well gives errors which are saying the home directory is inaccessible.

I hope u guys have some tips to make this ftp user isolation work correctly.

Thanks in advance

Dear daniweb users.

I am having a problem and im struggling for some days now. I have a server at home and i wanted to install an IIS7 FTP server. It went all fine untill i wanted to add user isolation to make it more secure.

i followed this guide: link

And my problem is exactly the same as this thread.

I granted all rights to all the directories needed. Im logging in with a username that has an adminnistrator role tho it says its inaccessible.

Its also pretty strange because without user isolation it all works fine. I can connect and puts me in de ftp root directory. It just seems that something with rights doesnt go correct when using virtual directories.

my directory architure is C:\FTProot\domain\

I also tried it with C:\FTProot\LocalUser\%User% but that as well gives errors which are saying the home directory is inaccessible.

I hope u guys have some tips to make this ftp user isolation work correctly.

Thanks in advance

edit:

I resolved the problem by running process monitor link. I saw that the FTP server threw the user to C:\inetpub\ftproot\LocalNetwork\%User% Where LocalNetwork the name of my network is.

The problem with that path was that it did not exist. My directory path as I set it up in the ftpserver was: C:\inetpub\ftproot\LocalUser\%User%

So i changed the directory to C:\inetpub\ftproot\LocalNetwork\%User% and the ftp server worked with user isolation!! :D

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.