I just got two 1-gigabytes ram sticks of the Corsair XMS Series. I put the task manager on right after booting the computer and one thing that I was disappointed and quite shock to see was the MsMpEng.exe hogging around 90% of the CPU. I googled around for a solution and found to turn off Window Defenders. I went to the program to turn it off, but to my surprise it said that it was off. Does anyone have an idea of what I should do?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

well check your startup programs, on msconfig. disable sme unnessasary processes, and if it doesnt go away, disable other processes and see where the problem's from.

another method is to end the process, then start it, and see what you did that makes msmpeng.exe take up alot of CPU speed. check to see what msmpeng.exe conflicts with (i.e. which process or which action)

MsMpEng.exe is related to Microsoft Security Essentials...I uninstalled it from my machine last night and it worked fine. It could be a conflict with another Antivirus that you may be using.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.