my operating system is windows xp professional version 2002, it is custom built, last few programs installed are virtual dj. my problem started about a couple weeks ago i wanted to burn a cd and then i realize that i could the program nero did not recognize the cd that inserted into the drive. i tried another cd and the same problem prevailed. I looked in my computer and realized that the cd rom drive was missing. I however can open and close the cd rom drive. If any help can be giving i would greatly apreciate it.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Zzeaks,

I looked in my computer and realized that the cd rom drive was missing. I however can open and close the cd rom drive.

I don't understand your problem. Please restate your question with as much detail as you can provide. Thank you.

J_

here is my problem. i was trying to burn a cd and realized that the program would not recognize the cd. i thought some thing waz wrong with the program so i tried to play it (i.e the cd) in winamp but realized i could not navigate to the cd because there waz no cd rom drive present in my computer. present in my computer is the floppy drive amd everything else cept for my cd-rw drive, drive (D). i can no longer play any cds but the cd drive responds when being opened or closed. hope this has clarified what my problem iz.

Zzeaks,

Actually yes. When you said the cd-rom was "missing", you meant missing in WINDOWS. Vital information indeed. Perhaps I should have picked up on that...I actually thought you has posted a fake.

Ok, there could be several reasons. For this problem. The first thing I would do is check the cable connections for power and IDE inside the computer. If that doesn't fix the problem, I would re-install the cd-rom drivers, which I would download from the cd-rom OEM's website.

If you don't feel comfortable opening your computer by yourself, just try downloading and installing the drivers from the cd-rom website. If that doesn't work, you may have to find someone to open the computer for you to check the connections.

J_

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.