Hey all, i have a important question.
Okay so i updated my graphics card recently to a NX6600GT AGP. I install the most recent drivers, games run good, everything seems fine....
I try to open a video file and the player starts using 99% of my CPU and no video loads.
The weird thing is if i install older drivers for the card i can watch movies/videos, but the graphics in games get shoddy.
I have a dell 4550, 512mem, 2.6ghz P4, and i have NO idea what the problem could be stemming from.
Please help!

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Hey all, i have a important question.
Okay so i updated my graphics card recently to a NX6600GT AGP. I install the most recent drivers, games run good, everything seems fine....
I try to open a video file and the player starts using 99% of my CPU and no video loads.
The weird thing is if i install older drivers for the card i can watch movies/videos, but the graphics in games get shoddy.
I have a dell 4550, 512mem, 2.6ghz P4, and i have NO idea what the problem could be stemming from.
Please help!

if your cpu usage is going up to 99% like that it could be that you need more ram. thats my only guess for the cpu usage. but you have 512mb so that doesnt make sense at all. if you have sp2 it could be conflicting with the drivers but not the older ones.

- Dave

I don't have a 6600, I've got an FX5700, but I had the same thing happen. The only thing I could do to resolve it was downgrade to the older Nvidia drivers. Did the trick for me, at least.

Perhaps you should follow suit, then maybe wait for the next version to be released?

When i updated to the latstet video card drivers my video did something else... it would only play in 8 colours.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.