Hi, I am new to the forum and have been experiencing blue screen errors with my PC. The PC is running W2000 Professional, SP3, AMD Duron Proc., 256kRAM. 2 drives- c: windows stuff & software, d: data drive. Nothing new installed recently, PC around 4 yrs old.
Error msg as follows:
Stop: 0x00000077 (0xC000000E, 0xC000000E, 0x0000000, 0x000AG000),
Kernel_stack_inpage_error

I'd much appreciate any ideas/help as to diagnosing this problem.

Not sure if this helps but just prior to the blue screen appearing I get a sort of knocking/deep clicking noise - can't tell if this is a drive noise though.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Hello,

Is the clicking / tapping noise new? If it is, your hard drive might be mechanically fried.

If you trust yourself, you can turn the case off, open the case up, and unmount the drive. Hold the drive in your hand, and turn the power on (be sure the drive is plugged in, but no electrical shorts are present, and feel the drive in your hand. If you hear the clicking, or feel the drive making small mechanical movements, then you have found the culprit.

If you do not feel comfortable doing this, then stop, and take the PC in to be looked at.

Christian

I had a quick look on google for Kernal_stack_inpage_error.

The first few point to ide, scsi, hard drive fault, or cable fault. the following link is an example.

http://searchwinsystems.techtarget.com/tip/1,289483,sid68_gci1039946,00.html

if you can boot, check out the system log in event viewer, (under admin tools). Post a few of the Warning messages for us to look into.

The only error msg at time system crashed is as follows:
The value named IRPstackSize in the server's Registry key LanmanServer\Parameters was invalid. The value was ignored, and processing continued. (Event Code 2506)

I have since found more info re. error code. The I/O status code was 0xC000000E which seems to indicate 'Status_No_Such_Device': drive went unavailable, possible bad hard drive, disk array, and/or controller card.

I did wonder if the 'tapping' noise heard just prior to blue screening was a drive problem. I have 2 drives - how best to identify which one has a problem?

Thanks for that - is there any diagnostic s/ware which might identify which drive is the culprit?

I assume that the OS drive is the faulty one as else the OS should boot, be it with errors. If you want to tackle the problem yourself then your best to get the second drive out, then check the problem persists.

Cards and cables dont make noises to my knowledge, so if you eliminate the second disk from the equation, (god I have problems spelling sometimes) you can focus on the first drive. This is what I would do in your situation. try to reinstall the Os on the first drive, its not going to hurt. Problem persists, depending on the data on your second drive, install your OS on that, see if the problem is fixed. Perhaps borrow a second Pc to check the drive faults in that.

Obviously anything you can do to swap kit around to be 100% on a drive failed, will give peace of mind to replace it.

Good luck

Thanks, I'll give it a whirl.

Hi There...
Just wondering if you overcame the problem... If SO...PLZ PLZ tell me how??? I have the EXACT same annoying thing happening to my laptop... The clicking noise then a page stating Kernel_Stack_inpage_error...? and ALL my HOURS and hours of University essasys and presentations are there... It doesn't even give me 5 mins to remove them... as soon as I try... CLICK---- and Freeze :'(
Regards
M123

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.