hello everyone!

i am very new here.

and also new in learning software of my lapi!

i got lenovo y410

i installed 'Lenovo ACPI compliant virtual controller, there i found to upgrade BIOS!

but it was failed, then i found that i will loose motherboard if i install a wrong version!

can anyone help me?

Recommended Answers

Why do you want to flash the BIOS?

If there is nothing wrong with the lappie, there is no reason to flash.

Jump to Post

All 3 Replies

Why do you want to flash the BIOS?

If there is nothing wrong with the lappie, there is no reason to flash.

"...there i found to upgrade BIOS!

but it was failed, then i found that i will loose motherboard if i install a wrong version!"
Instructions to flash usually come with a WARNING. When they mention problems which come with power loss during flashing [unlikely] or a corrupted BIOS after flashing, they mean PROBLEMS. Your computer will not work at all. For a non-technical person it gets expensive, often it involves buying a new, pre-loaded BIOS chip. Don't flash unless you see some great benefit from doing so.

thanks above two! for replying!

but i installed ACPI compliant virtual controller, then i restarted my lapi, it asked about a file that if u r sure then only accept, in hurry i rejected it! since then my desktop has gone blank (black) no wallpaper is remaining there. what should i do?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of 1.20 million developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts learning and sharing knowledge.