this just came up on my friends computer, any idea as to what it is?

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

Never heard of it. If that just came up and your friend has absolutely no clue what N-CASE is, then type Ctrl+Alt+Del to get to the Task Manager and select End Task. You never know what the buttons or even "remind me later" do if it's a malicious program - but probably not what they say they do!

haha thats the second problem, my friends computer starts up with 74 programs running under his username, thats not including system programs, its gonna take years to figure out which one it is :-D i'll just have him end.. what looks ok to end lol

haha thats the second problem, my friends computer starts up with 74 programs running under his username, thats not including system programs, its gonna take years to figure out which one it is :-D i'll just have him end.. what looks ok to end lol

has he got spybot S&D, adaware an up to date AV. if not id suggest he installs and runs all of the mentioned programs. also is he running kazaa and downloading alot of programs. then id post a hijackthis log if i were him in a seperate thread

this just came up on my friends computer, any idea as to what it is?

n-Case is an adware bundle. Spyware/aware stompers can usually handle it, or it can be manually removed.

You might also check out and research from my Malware, virus, and startup information and tools page.

he tried to download spybot S&D from 3 locations but everytime it wanted to run the microsoft word cd, so im about to send him the installer right through aim cuz i have it.

new development though haha, this just came up on his comp, VerifierBug. should he delete it? or this another job for spyware S&D? he tried to clean it, it said no file found, he tried to quarrentine it, no file found, he didnt try to delete it yet incase its needed.

yeah ive had that pop up too or one similar, after i ran adaware and delted some program files that thing pops up as a last chance to try to reinstall whatever program you deleted

so whatd u do when it came up and tried reinstall

so whatd u do when it came up and tried reinstall

I think what Joe is trying to say is as follows:

He went through the removal steps... but after that, he got another pop up or two trying to "trick" him into clicking yes to install more adware, etc. If you are still getting those messages and install requests after a full adaware scan, you may have more spyware etc that has gone unnoticed. That unnoticed program is set up to bring more adware on to your system eventually. You have to rid yourself of it as well.

Try installing another spyware remover and "double up" on the scans. Some spyware/adware removers catch things the others don't. I personally use the Adaware/SpyHunter combo and my system has been consistently clear of all that junk. Hope this helps, and sorry for butting in Joe. :)

~Trezier

yea n case is def adware, i think one time i just typed in search "n-case" and deleted everything that came up

yep just check the uninstall option ;)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.