I want to ask how to convert from FAT32 to NTFS in Windows without losing data on the conversion? And i have read a few article about conversion and it should do in Command Prompt with code

CONVERT C: /FS:NTFS

But i'm not sure if i do that my data wont lose. so anyone who had an experience in this before???

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

hi, i have never tried it myself ,but just want to say as with anything we do like this on a computer its always recommended to backup ones data anyway .so at worse all you loose is windows and programs if something goes wrong.also just read this todo before the convert .
Completely defrag, and scandisk your machine. Then, open a command prompt (Start->Run, type in "cmd" in the box and hit "Ok"), and then type:CONVERT C: /FS:NTFS

before you do that format using convert c: /fs:ntfs try to back up first your data, so that if you missed it you have already a back up data...

no losing data with that command

okay, i got the point

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.