Yes, it does this, so there must be something wrong with it.

I contacted the seller and he said at home he has a Card that i install into a pci slot, and comes with a disk that will add 5.1 surround sound.

Does that sound ligit?

Sorry, I can't understand that. Can you explain in a bit more detail?

If the seller got the driver for the c-media, might as well ask him to deliver those driver to you or upload it somewhere and give you the link for the driver. Maybe that would work...

When it comes to notebook hardware, I'm still newb so I can't help you much... sorry.

jingda commented: Glad your Avast problem is solve. Way to go, Flagstar +9

I agree with Flagstar. See my previous post about the Ebay thing. The seller might have sold you a laptop that cannot work, you need to contact him and ask him does he have this problem before and how can you solve it. We need to hear a response soon.

commented: Thanks to you and gerbil for helping me out ^^ +3

Flagstar, You said Try to uninstall the c-media driver and reboot. After reboot, if it come up with 'add new hardware' just cancel it and install realtek driver. If it still showing C-media, then something is wrong with your pc... I tried this several times and it still showed c-media, therefore there must be something wrong with it.
Jingda, It's a desktop, not a laptop but yeah he had the drivers on a cd to my old address by accident and now they're lost forever. He says he didn't know about this problem but he has tried to help me out.

He's now sending a card that i install into a pci slot, and comes with a disk that will add 5.1 surround sound.
Does this sound like it will work because i've never heard of it.

Thanks for the replies.

That's weird... I thought it was a laptop since it has acer brand (usually laptop) but if it's desktop, there may be some hope...

Open your desktop casing and search for the PCI audio card (you can determine which one by looking at the back of your desktop and check where you plugged in your speaker cable), not an integrated one. If you see one, try to remove it. You may need to unscrew it first before you can remove it.

After removing it, try to plug your speaker cable to integrated one (attached in your motherboard port) and boot your pc.

If it doesn't work, you may need to install the correct driver this time. If it still won't work, then the integrated sound port is already unusable and you need an audio pci card replacement...

p/s: A pci card that he may sent to you might work so it's your choice whether to test my solution or go with the card he'd sent to you. If it comes with a disc, then you don't have to worry about searching for the driver, it'll work fine.

Give it a try first and let us know the progress...

I have no idea.

I bought the Desktop from Ebay, it's quite an old Acer. The sound never worked since i recieved it.

hi somewhere on the tower there should be a model # what is it exactly

Hi - you mentioned sound never worked ?, if so I suggest , if not done so, to enter BIOS setup and confirm onboard sound is enabled

Hi, nothing worked what-so-ever so i bought a new sounds card and installed it to the mother board. The problem is now solved and i finally have sound :)

Hi, nothing worked what-so-ever so i bought a new sounds card and installed it to the mother board. The problem is now solved and i finally have sound :)

Congratulations with your solution , just one aspect if not considered, if you use a PATA optical drive which will most likely have a audio signal cable connected , insure is removed from the onboard sound socket and connected to your sound expansion card cd-in socket for best possible sound quality
regards

its been a long,long time since i seen a audio cable in a computer .unless its a realy odl tower this is done with software now

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.