I am running Windows XP Home Edition, and cannot access a particular secure web site with IE. Using Firefox, I can get to the site, but the site is not compatible with Firefox and it causes issues.

I can use another computer on my Home network, and can access the web site using IE with no problems.

I have:
- done an SFC /Scannow to check for missing / corrupted files.
- upgraded to latest windows updates.
- checked "hosts" file for the paricular site name.
- have security set at medium. I did a test and set it to "low" to allow cookies, and that still did not work.
- I have booted up in Safe mode with Networking, and it still did not work.
- I have cleared cookies.

Any ideas on what else I can do. Note, this appears to be the ONLY web site I cannot access. I can get to any other site that I want to get to.

I have run this by numerous Techy's today ... but no luck as of yet.

Many thanks for your help.

Regards,
Jeff

As dumb as this suggestion may sound, try checking for 'Parental Control' software either on your computer or on your router (if you have one).

A while ago I was at a customer's home and they had a Netgear router and someone inadvertadly enabled the Parental Controls and it was blocking 'just one site!'.

Let me know if either of these suggestions makes sense or does anything.

:cool:

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.