OKay..
Well my g/f bro has an old computer. It orignanly had WinME on it and one day it froze and when i went to start it up would not work. So i had an xp disk and used it on it and got xp on the computer. NOw i was wondering WHERE do i get a driver for the computer so itll work with the internet?! I have no idea what type of comptuer it is .. can somene please help me ! THANK YOU!!

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

OKay..
Well my g/f bro has an old computer. It orignanly had WinME on it and one day it froze and when i went to start it up would not work. So i had an xp disk and used it on it and got xp on the computer. NOw i was wondering WHERE do i get a driver for the computer so itll work with the internet?! I have no idea what type of comptuer it is .. can somene please help me ! THANK YOU!!

Welcome to DaniWeb

There should havebeen disks that came with the computer. Run those to install all the drivers. Then to see what else you need go to

Start>Control Panel>System>Hardware tab>device mananger.

and see what kind off network card it is (look under the network part) Then get the drivers using another computer, transfer them via floppy drive, then install.

In my sig there is a link to get system info...the info you need could also be found from the program.

-T

I doubt the drivers that came with the computer will work for XP... (ME follows the hardware platform of win 9x.. NOT NT)
to find the drivedrs your going to either A) need to open the computer and examine the hardware, or B) dl this program, burn it to cd... http://www.cpuid.com/pcwizard.php and post back here...

if you dl the program, click the icon that looks like "my computer" (1st one) then scroll down in the context window till you can see network card. either take a Screen shot or type out the information exactly and post it here.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.