Hello,

I switched on my laptop and i received a Blue Screen with the message "memory dump" or something along those lines. I then turned it off and rebooted, I could see the drive light going but my screen was completlely blank, nothing totally dead. I then connected to external monitor and I can view on there message ATIKMDAG.SYS error.

I have researched this error and its something to do with the ATI Radeon graphics card.

But what i need to know is why does the laptop screen not work but i can view on external monitor? Is this something to do with the screen being completley dead or is it to do with the error atikmdag.sys. Its abit of coincidence that i should get this error then screen not working... I am really desperate here please help.

It means something is wrong with your graphic card that prevent you to view it on your laptop monitor...

When you connected your laptop to external monitor, when does the .sys error occur?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.