Hi,

I have Creative Inspire 5.1 5200 speakers attached to my ASUS 1155 P8P67-M PRO REV 3.0 motherboard. Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit installed. When I use third part applications (Winamp, Mediaplayer etc.) to listed music or play movie rear speakers won't work but when I test speakers in Realtek hd audio manager, all works fine.

I checked "Sound fill", Environment varibles etc, reinstalled drivers, try to set as 7.1 no luck.

In forums everyone has some solution but none worked for me.

Thanks in advance

Contributors
Replies
Views
5 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by veledrom

Sounds like in Realtek hd audio manager you need to adjust the volume control to turn off mute and increase the volume. Also a hidden volume button on the keyboard can also do it.

Solution: Do not use Windows 7 use Linux instead.

Guys in Asus and Realtek say Windows 7 is trying to take over all controls over AC drivers, software etc. This is what causes conflicts. It works fine in Win XP Prof though. I have friend having same problems with different boards. I tried every single thing to solve the problem until I was told this from first hand so Linux is is way ahead. Also I am a open source developer so why should I bother with Ms anyway.

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.