Lakeside55 0 Newbie Poster

I was wondering if someone could direct me to a great tutorial on this, or was willing to help me more or less, step by step. I have, a few years back through help from this forum managed to set up a WAMP on my desktop pc, for development purposes, but have forgotten a lot lol. Now I have big server (was built to be a server, 1.3 terabytes, fast, 4 dual core hard drives etc.) and have installed Windows Server 2008 Standard (trial version, to try it out for now). I have the domanin names already (want to host 3 or 4 sites on it) and have a business internet line as well as purchased a static IP, and new D-Link router. So I have everything I need.....I think. NOw I'm wondering what the first steps are, as in where/how I find the 'IP address' to enter into the router, and how I forward the port etc. What to put in the 'DNS' info in router, how to set up FTP. I would also like to be able to access my server remotely, such as from work (my server will be at home). Can anyone help? Thanks very much.