I've successfully developed a software using VB.Net and SQL server 2005. i have this problem. when i create exe, it can use to my computer because of SQL server is already installed in my computer. but if i want to use that software in some other computer, must i install SQL server 2005 to that computer? Is there any option to run my software without installing SQL server to that computer?

Please Help Me....

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

If you allow your SQL server to accept remote connections, then you can query the SQL database from anywhere on your network. By default, your SQL server will listen on port 1433.

First Of Go SQL SERVER CONFIGURATION MANAGER In The PC Where SQL Server Is INSTALLED.

THEN AS IT'S A EXPRESS EDITION , TCP IP WILL BE DIASBLED, YOU MUST ENABLE IT.

THEN USING THE WINDOWS FIREWALL , UNBLOCK PORT 1433 FOR INCOMING CONNECTIONS.

ASSIGN A STATIC IP : 10.20.30.40 in my case

YOUR Connection string :

server=10.20.30.40,1433;database=your_db_name;user=sa;pwd=*****;multipleactiveresultsets=true

All you have to do is to make sure that your server is in the lan and it is visible

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.