Hi

I have Windows 7 Home Premium SP-1, 64-bit version on my PC. I want to install SQL Server either 2oo5 or 2008. but i am unable to install this.

Error:
OS Incompatibility

Pls Reply:

Thank U

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

I need the full name of the software to check whether it meet the requirements to intall on Windows 7.

I need the full name of the software to check whether it meet the requirements to intall on Windows 7.

from the below list, anyone:
MS SQL Server 2005
MS SQL Server 2008
MS SQL Server Management Studio 2005
MS SQL Server Management Studio 2008

or any equivalent SQL Server compatible with Windows 7 Home Premium SP-1, 64-bit

You have to buy it or do you want the trial one?

i dont think it will install on Home P, just Ultimate/pro /or enterprise editions. or Windows server most edition ,good luck
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms143506.aspx

edit / lower down the bottom of that link it shows this version and a few othere that work with win7 HP,like QL Server 2008 R2 Developer (64-bit) x64

hi,

I guess if you are ok with Express edition then go for SQL Server 2008 R2 Express x64 (64-bit)

You can only install SQL Server on Windows Server, the developer version can run on Ultimate edition etc... I had to do it for a student project...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.