When I try turn on my computer, it starts as usual until it gets to the enter password screen.. where it only stays there for a few seconds.. then a blue screen flashes with a lot written on it, but not long enough to read anything it says.. and the whole process starts over again, can anyone help? I've tried system restore already and that doesn't work. (I have an HP Laptop with Windows Vista.. not sure if that will help at all.. but I'm not exactly the most computer savvy person in the world.)

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

When I try turn on my computer, it starts as usual until it gets to the enter password screen.. where it only stays there for a few seconds.. then a blue screen flashes with a lot written on it, but not long enough to read anything it says.. and the whole process starts over again, can anyone help? I've tried system restore already and that doesn't work. (I have an HP Laptop with Windows Vista.. not sure if that will help at all.. but I'm not exactly the most computer savvy person in the world.)

I was able to see the blue screen and this is what it says:

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to be sure you have adequate disk space. If driver is identified in the Stop message, disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for driver updates. Try changing video adapters.

Check with your hardware vendor for any BIOS updates. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup Options, and then select Safe Mode.

Technical information:

*** Stop: 0x0000008E (0x0000005, 0x8207B1A7, 0x954A291C, 0x00000000)

Collecting data for crash dump...
Initializing disk for crash dump...
Physical memory dump complete.
Contact your system admin or technical support group for further assistance.

can you get to safe mode ,hitting f8 on bootup

Dont know what is going on, but there must be somthing like system recovery, when you hit f8 or when you put the vista dvd. Anyway, since vista sucks, you better install windows 7.

Your Windows just crashed. Try using recovery drive by pressing F11...if recovery made from drive doesn't work out then try recovery by CD's. If this also doesn't works out then congrats...there's some problem in your system hardware.

I would recommend to change from vista to windows 7, unless as recommended to do a recovery or system restore and it works out

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.