Hello,

Hi i have problem in copying the files in PC.my files is about 20GB and i want to transfer this into external hard drive.is there a way to copy my files faster without corrupting on it.please help me thank you in advance.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

none i know of except new hardware ,file transfer speed is controlled by the speed of the computers CPU and harddrive and and the speed of the connection between the computer and the external device ,the external device[usually usb 2.0] being the one that slows it all down . excample =High-Speed USB 2.0, which operates at 480 Mbps. and the new usb3=SuperSpeed USB 3.0 operates at 5 Gbps,only found on newer motherboard .

I assume you have multiple file adding up to 20 gig ,so might i suggest you separate them and only move a few gigs [2-3 gig ]at a time copy

none i know of except new hardware ,file transfer speed is controlled by the speed of the computers CPU and harddrive and and the speed of the connection between the computer and the external device ,the external device[usually usb 2.0] being the one that slows it all down . excample =High-Speed USB 2.0, which operates at 480 Mbps. and the new usb3=SuperSpeed USB 3.0 operates at 5 Gbps,only found on newer motherboard .

I assume you have multiple file adding up to 20 gig ,so might i suggest you separate them and only move a few gigs [2-3 gig ]at a time copy

Hi caperjack,

Thank you for the quick response...okay i will just do this few gig at a time,by the way can i ask something? if i have 3.0 external hdd can this be compatible with the 2.0 on the p.c?Thank you again.

Hi caperjack,

Thank you for the quick response...okay i will just do this few gig at a time,by the way can i ask something? if i have 3.0 external hdd can this be compatible with the 2.0 on the p.c?Thank you again.

yes a 3.0 will plug into the same port as the 2.0 but will only be as fast as the 2.0
when it comes to 3.0 and 2.0 ,internal connection of the 3.0 plug, will not plug into where the 2.0 plugs on the motherboard ,the motherboard must be 3.0 compatible and have connection for it ..

yes a 3.0 will plug into the same port as the 2.0 but will only be as fast as the 2.0
when it comes to 3.0 and 2.0 ,internal connection of the 3.0 plug, will not plug into where the 2.0 plugs on the motherboard ,the motherboard must be 3.0 compatible and have connection for it ..

Thank you for this.more power to you.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.