can anyone help with this message?? "WinDVD MFC Application has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

Contributors
Replies
Views
11 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by GRMondie

I too was having problems in exactly the same way. No matter what I did it was always the same message. I tried to find patches but to no avail. I finally had to come to the conclusion that windvd8 was clashing with some other programme. The only one I could think of was Nero7 Essentials. I removed all of Nero and then again tried windvd8. Same MFC message. Then I removed windvd8 and re-installed from download. Now everything works fine and is better than WMP and Windvd media theatre. I think that mainly its a clash between other players depending on which you make the default player. At least that's what has happened to me. It may not work for anyone else of course.

can anyone help with this message?? "WinDVD MFC Application has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

Since replacing a motherboard and installing WinXP I have encountered this message numerous times with several apps. In the case of WinDVD, however, I have used the application frequently and never had the problem until today. Now I am blocked from running WinDVD because the app is shut down every time I launch it. As usual Microsoft "help" doesn't. This problem never ocurred in Win2K. I would be happy just to turn off the grand new "feature" that results in this action & message if I had a clue what it was. Help!

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.