I just did a hard reset on a dell inspiron N5050 and now when I turn it on and it starts loading for the very first time after the hard reset, it gives me the BSOD 0x0000001E. I have tried hard resetting the computer three times and it continues giving me this.

I can not even log into safe mode because as soon as it begins to load for safe mode, the BSOD happens so I can not retrieve the crash dump files.

Any ideas how to solve this?

PS. Start up repair did not help

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Your file system has been corrupted due to the hard shutdown. You need to boot with a recovery disc or partition and fix the file system before you can continue.

I don't follow, hard reset=hard shut down?

I did the hard reset using the recovery partition. Actually now tried it four times and again I have this error.

Any other info you see in the BSOD?

Did you install anything prior to doing this hard reset such as updating a driver? When you turn on the computer, hit F8, and select last known good configuration. If its a configuration problem that is causing this issue, invoking the Last Known Good Configuration will resolve the issue.

If there is more info associated with the BSOD message, that would be helpful.

The computer was brought to me to perform a hard reset (owner wouldn't dare). When I first turned it on I saw the message that the computer had shut down unexpectecdly before I had it.

The crashdump says STOP 0x0000001E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000006, 0XFFFFFA800472FB8C...

What do you mean by hard reset? Restore the laptop to factory settings, or removing all power and holding the power button for 60 seconds?

I installed windows from a windows 7 dvd and the installation worked this time. I guess the copy the computer had in the recovery partition was damaged.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.