Well again i am sitting here and a friend have left me to fix a MSI GX 640 a 2 year old laptop. The only lead i know is that it would not start. it chrges, but are not responding to power buttton.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

I had a similar issue with a thinkpad, it ended up being a faulty battery. Have you tried taking the battery out and starting the laptop just with mains power?

yes, but still nothing happends.

One other thing you can try is to take both the battery and mains power out. Hold the power button down for at least 30 seconds (this should remove any remnants of power in the unit) plug the mains power back in with the battery still removed. Now try starting

Remove the battery, then plug the power cable into the computer. Try turning on the computer by pressing the power button. If the computer does not power up, more troubleshooting of the hardware will be needed.

For example, the issue could be as simple as a faulty power button, or it could be a power supply issue. Unfortunately, these types of issues will require that you swap out potential parts until you find the culprit.

I think it is the little box on the powersupply. I sendt the laptop back. and said that the guy that owns it should send it in to service

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.