hi frenz please i installed vmware workstation 6.5.0 so that i could use it to run windowserver 2008 amd64 (ISO) image
and it prompting this error(windows cannot open the requierd file D:\source\installa.wim. the file may be corrupt or missing. make sure all files required for installation are available, and restart the installation. error code:0x80070570 ) this error shows after windows loading file section starts up.......and i have tried defragmenting the disk using the gui and the command prompt command chkdsk /r and chdsk/f......and all so restarted the system....and am running the vm on windows 7 enterprise....thanks for the help thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

hi, did you use a iso burning software to burn the iso to the disk ,or did you just copy burn the iso file to the disk

Sounds like the iso/disk is damaged. If you have the original ISO, you can use the .iso file and mount it directly to the Guest OS without having to burn it first.

commented: thanks +0

i ddnt use a dvd disk.... i brows through the system using the vmware section i choose brows from the hard disk.....i ddnt burn the iso to a dvd disk......thats why i ddnt select installer disk....and even at that i tried burning it to about 3 disk that ar in my possession ..it prompt and error saying insert a rewritable disk....where by the disk is an R.W disk.......

you need to burn the iso with iso burning software or win7 and win8 have built in iso burning ,if you have win7 or 8 just right clicvk on the iso file and choose burn to disk ,better to use dvd-r than dvd-rw disks ,

i choose brows from the hard disk

what are brows

solutions pls pls pls plspls

there is no magic solution ,you just need tomake sure you are creating the install dvd properly ,using iso burning software and a dvd-r disk for best results .if you don't have iso burning software this one will do .
Click Here

commented: thanks +0

But with VMWare Workstation, you can set the New Guest OS to use the ISO as the CD rom.... There's no need to burn the ISO to a physical disk.

thanks to ya all ....i got a newer iso....the problem was that the iso was corrupt....nw i got a geniu iso which is not corrupt....thansk alot

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.