which antivirus is compatable with windows 8?

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

I use Linux not windows unless I'm fixing someone's computer but I believe windows 8 comes with essentials which is an antivirus. also believe lava soft ad aware and malwarebytes which are starting to include antivirus work in windows 8 as well.

I think Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2013,Microsoft Security Essentials, Panda Internet Security 2013, AVG Free 2013 is best antivirus in market. Use any of them.

I use BitDefender Total Security 2013 on Windows 8. Works pretty good but has compatibility problems with Virtualisation (if you don't know what this is, then it won't affect you)

win8 has windows defender installed as default ,its all i have been using since last August and it stopped everything that tried to get in .so far

Avast Free Edition, does the trick, or you could just reinstall windows every year to be sure. =D

Avast Free Edition is perhaps the free, most reliable and light weight antivirus which has now been also released for Windows 8. But, Windows 8 ships with Widows Defender installed in it. You do not need an antivirus unless until you want much security. I'm also a Windows 8 user and till now has not yet found any reason to install an Antivirus.

yeah, I've been using Avast since 8 years and it doesn't slow your pc and much better than other paid antiviruses.

Just Download latest version of avast and upgrade it every year for free or use Bit Defender, But my suggestion is Avast instead of going for any paid one.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.