Hello Guys I'm having a problem with the SwyxIt setup we have at work and the error message which comes up on the screen displays Sound card already in use.

So this makes the volume on the Swyxit Handset mute even though the volume is turned up why is that?

Any fixes greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards

Shady

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I do not know the partiucular sound card but I have frequently had similiar problems with peoples windows sound. The main reason I have had this problem is that some software (eg Skype and some music proçgrams) hang onto the sound card after you have left the program and quit for example skype!
There are a nuymùber of ways that you can regain control of the sound card via control panel reboot etc but I do not know of a way (othr than task manager) to automativcally force a program to let go of the sound card.
M

Thank you mjdodd i have solvede the problem it turns out the sound card had somehow been disabled i swear the people i work with haha

Thank you very much for the reply

Shady

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.