Hi,
I run old dos software under XP. One app is a cash register - you have to aller the opperater sometimes so I use the default beep.
If I run this app in full screen mode the beep comes from the built in beep on the mother board. If I hit ALT+ENTER the app goes into window mode. Now the beep comes from the sound card. How can I get the sound card to work in full screen mode?
Regards

Acer1

Contributors
Replies
Views
3 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by KM499

good day..U should just update the app,if the problem persists...just buy a new sound card..it can also be the OS.try if u can update that also..if problem persists..just reply..no problem its called troubleshooting..

Thanks for your reply. This is a really old date base program with it's own language. The cash register is a program I have written. It works the same on 5 different computers so I don't think it is a sound card or OS problem. It is strange, in window mode the sound card works - hit ALT+ENTER - now same program still running in the same memory space, just full screen, and the beep comes from the mother board.
Acer1

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.