Hi,
I run old dos software under XP. One app is a cash register - you have to aller the opperater sometimes so I use the default beep.
If I run this app in full screen mode the beep comes from the built in beep on the mother board. If I hit ALT+ENTER the app goes into window mode. Now the beep comes from the sound card. How can I get the sound card to work in full screen mode?
Regards

Acer1

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

good day..U should just update the app,if the problem persists...just buy a new sound card..it can also be the OS.try if u can update that also..if problem persists..just reply..no problem its called troubleshooting..

Thanks for your reply. This is a really old date base program with it's own language. The cash register is a program I have written. It works the same on 5 different computers so I don't think it is a sound card or OS problem. It is strange, in window mode the sound card works - hit ALT+ENTER - now same program still running in the same memory space, just full screen, and the beep comes from the mother board.
Acer1

Hi, try re-installing your sound card driver again, hope that would help you :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.