Computer with office 7. It is hardwired to the internet, has worked fine for a couple of years. Rebooted and now cannot connect to internet via IE or Chrome, though I can send and receive emails through Outlook.

I had been hooked up to watch sports via FirstRowSports which may have loaded something. Also I ran AdvanceSystem7 to check for problems, then IE and Chrome stopped working after reboot. Tried working through diagnostics without success. Anything seem obvious about this?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Hello,

OK time for some basic trouble shooting. Open a command prompt (start, accessories, command prompt).

At the prompt type:
ping 4.2.2.2

If you get a response back then you are connected to the internet ok. If not then you probably have a firewall or router issue. Try re-booting your internet modem/router.

If you got to 4.2.2.2 ok then see if you can resolve domain names:
ping google.com
if you get a response back then you are able to resolve names and you need to look into your browser having a strange route set as your home page. SO what is the error you get from either IE or chrome?

Are you using proxy network or VPN by any chance ??

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.