Be curious. Security patch Microsoft updates to XP and the user has what relation

From the day I bought a computer,automatic update I never open XP.I never have what problem.Just be alter system files.The CD re install it again,there is no problem.Security patch is really important?

May my grammar problems.Because I come from Large Tian Chao.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

I can understand your post, boris. Coming from Greater Tian Chao, you're doing okay. As regards M$ security patches well, yes, your computer can survive without them as long as you don't happen to stumble upon an infected website and suffer a "drive-by" download of a trojan, or open an email attachment that is an agent. I know a few people who rarely bother with security patches; I don't recommend not using the patches, but I must admit that only one of those people has had his system infected (a couple of times).
If you stick to the websites of banks, stores and reputed companies, or simply reputable websites, then you are quite likely to remain secure. Not having Java installed is a VERY good safety practice if you can do without it.
Good luck out there.

Generally I agree with gerbil; however, I do set my update policies to inform me when updates are available. Then, I go to the MS update site, and individually decide if I want to install them. Usually I will install some, or even most of them, but RARELY (never) will I install all of them.

Uh,,,, I think China using JAVA person is in the minority. Six hundred million Internet users there are nearly six hundred million of Internet users do not know how to use the programming language. A small part will use the programming language, they are using a "easy language programming". Know how to use C++, VB, JAVA accounts for this part of the inside of the 1/3. These 1/3 people and mostly with fixed working people. This makes the non - "easy language" software is difficult to propagate. A mailbox in the virus, usually do not know who sent e-mail and attachments, all of them will choose "report this message in the people I met".

It seems, security patches Microsoft continue to update XP have little impact. At least it seems to me so.

That's just how I use them, rubberman.
Boris, you picked up a lot of English language skills in the last day (:wink)...
My point about Java is that you don't have to know how to program with it, but merely have it (the Java Runtime Environment, or JRE) loaded on your system; a lot of websites use Java to enhance their pages' presentation and offerings, so as part of downloading their page you may download a Java applet which runs automatically if your system has the JRE installed, and running website applets is permitted. And that is how you send a Trojan, by infecting the website to do just that. All the agent needs to do is instruct your browser to download a file from some site, and run it. So if you don't need the JRE, do not install it. It ranks as the biggest security flaw in the Windows world.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.