hi friends

plaese help me i want to know how i can delete data permanently so that it can not be recovered from any software is there any way to do this ??

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

Format the disk, the easy way is to overwrite all of the data with other data (just takes a long time), but if you have some coding skills just write some software that creates a file and bloats it with zeroes (NULLs). other than that, you can just copy some bull**** data (like pr0n) until the disk is full, defragment and reformat. That way, if anyone tries to recover your data, all they see is the nonsense data you overwritten the sensitive data with.

commented: Don't tell people to anyhow reformat their disk -2

Your firewall, AV or cleaning softwares likely have tools inside their Options tab to do just that job for you.

You can just secure erase it. So that the file will be delete securely and no trace will be remain on your hard drive. Nobody use reformat to delete only a file. Like what gerbil and bal had said, they are a better option then reformating your disk.

jingda : i think you get my point i don't want to erase whole drive i just want to delete particular file or folder which i want not to recover by any one.

katmai539 : thanks alot but i want to remove only some data so how i can overwrite other data? is that other data should be of same size or space ?

Have you follow the suggestion made by me, gerbil and bal. Don't follow katmai advise, he has no prior experience to this. Good luck.

delete all the files ... empty recycle bin and then remove registry traces of the file you can use RegInOut to remove registry traces... download it from here.. www.reginout.com this will permanently delete the file..
Best Regards

use tune up utility file shredder it's the best i have used, it uses us army method for deleting data securely

jingda i'm sorry to tell you, i've been doing some recovery work for big instances and i do have 'some' experience with data-requisition and perma-removal. I must've misunderstood the initial post. I thought saj_amo wanted to clean a whole disk. I understand the negative vote you gave me but please don't state things on people you don't know.
Best regards though.
0x539

jingda i'm sorry to tell you, i've been doing some recovery work for big instances and i do have 'some' experience with data-requisition and perma-removal. I must've misunderstood the initial post. I thought saj_amo wanted to clean a whole disk. I understand the negative vote you gave me but please don't state things on people you don't know.
Best regards though.
0x539

Ok, i will offeset it for you. Just this once and next time read the original post carefully before posting solutions for them. Good luck.

USe glary utilities and delete your file using that, it uses military standard algorithms to delete your file.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.