I have tried to go through the bios and upgrade using a flash drive however when I try boot from the flash drive it just shows me a blank screen. Help please!

Contributors
Replies
Views
3 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by SaintAce

Not enough information to help. What make+model of computer do you have? If it came with 32-bit Win7, are you sure it isn't a 32-bit processor? Normally, 64-bit systems come with 64-bit Win7 unless they were ordered with the 32-bit OS specifically.

The prossesor is a core2quad 2.66 Ghz with 8 gigs of ram. Its a custom built computer.

Not all 64bit processors come with 64bit OS's. My i3 came with Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit and I'm now running Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit on it, 3 years later.

Maur.stape, there's no way to upgrade your infrastructure. Your computer either supports a 64bit system or not. If not, you have to upgrade your CPU to a 64bit-capable one. If it is, what you need to do is install a 64bit version of Windows 7.

Get a Windows boot disc/drive, boot from it (by selecting the disk/drive from the boot order menu in BIOS during pre-boot) and choose a 64bit version of Windows during the setup process. Once installed, you'll have 64bit Windows and you'll be able to use all of your RAM.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.